If you use your garage regularly, it’s likely that your concrete floor will wear at a fast rate. In addition, it can be damaged by spilled oil or other car fluids. This can make it a very messy place, especially when you’re also using it for other activities. Luckily, a coating on your floor can make a huge difference in both the appearance and efficiency of your garage. At Garage Interiors, Inc., we use polyaspartic floor coating for our projects. The coating is a long-lasting solution that will leave your garage looking presentable.
Why Should You Get A Garage Floor Coating?
Here’s why you should consider getting a floor coating for your garage:
- A garage coating protects the concrete floor from dirt, water, chemicals, and oils that would otherwise cause stains. It also makes it so much easier to clean, as any of these substances can be wiped off easily with a cloth. By simply sweeping the floor, you can get rid of most of the dirt.
- You can easily match your home’s interior décor using a floor coating. This is because they’re available in a variety of colors and you can choose the one you want.
- Coating your garage floor will ensure that the concrete floor won’t be directly exposed to wear, therefore extending its lifespan. If there are already signs of wear, the coating can also conceal them.
Types of Garage Floor Finishes
If you want to give your garage floor a brand-new look, these are your two options for the finish:
- Coating – You can directly apply a thin coat of floor paints, sealers, or epoxy on your concrete floor using a brush or roller.
- Covering – Floor coverings are available as either tiles or mats. Tiles are installed on top of the floor in a pattern of your choice. Mats are easier to put in place as all you need to do is roll them. Mat coverings are also easy to remove as they’re not attached to the concrete beneath. However, they can be easily stained, unlike floor coatings.
What are some of the Useful Tips When Coating Your Garage Floor?
Here are tips that will come in handy when coating your garage floor:
- Clean the Floor – Avoid installing the coating on a dirty floor, as that will affect the performance of the coating and make it hard to adhere to the surface. Remove any dirt and grime before you apply the coating.
- Get Rid of Clutter – Any clutter on the floor should be removed and put in storage spaces on the walls. This allows you to reach every corner and space when placing the coating. Removing clutter will also make cleaning and maintaining your garage easier.
Get the Best Floor Coating
At Garage Interiors, Inc., we use polyaspartic floor coating because we know it’s the best out there. It’s more efficient than epoxy and comes with added benefits such as providing a stain-resistant microbial seal and an attractive high gloss finish. Contact us today on (833) 387-6189 for more details about garage coatings.